Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Jonah is 5

Dear Jonah, 

  I cannot believe today is here. Of course your birthday makes me think of the day you were born and how little you were. Now you're five and we have come a long way, but one thing hasn't changed: Pretty much everyone thinks you are one special kid. Here are some great things that happened this year. 

We went on a lot of trips! You rode on an airplane to California and got to see blue whales and the giant sequoia trees. You went skiing for the first time and blew us away with your skills. And you rode all those fast roller coasters in Disney World. It was an adventurous year and I'm glad you're along for the ride. 

You had a great year as a honeybee. You loved PreK this year. You learned to count by 10's, learned to add and subtract, learned to read some short words, and you know more about animals than I do. 

You had to take a lot of tests for kindergarten. It was pretty rough, but you toughed it out and did your job. You got into ISL! I promise to buy you a car now since you saved me so much in private school tuition. Maybe I shouldn't put that in writing. 

You have filled about 3 boxes with "treasures" (little toys or objects that you find, win, or are given that then end up all over my house).

You learned to swim and ride a big bike!

You learned a lot of big words. You still talk nonstop, but every now and then you have some really interesting, unique idea. I'm excited to hear your point of view as you continue to grow.  

You cannot keep a secret. You've told our secrets to the neighbors, the babysitter, and your friends parents. It's a good thing we don't have any deep dark secrets around here!

You are the best big brother. You play with your sister so well and take such good care of her. I'm a little worried when you try to put her in time out or discipline her though. 

I love that you are getting to be so independent. I miss cute baby Jonah, but it does not stink that you can get dressed, brush your teeth, and buckle your seatbelt.

You played soccer this year. You were such a smart player and really fun to watch. You're also a great sport. 

You had a "tragedy with blood" at school. Several times. You may be a tad accident prone. 

 I love that you are learning to be obedient. You are a team player and always try to help me out. I decided that I'm going to keep you. 

We are just beyond proud of you. Happy birthday to my five year old.

No comments:

Post a Comment