Sunday, August 3, 2014

"Well, I have to be four."

(I wrote this a month ago, and was waiting to attach pictures before I posted. Apparently Jonah will be 5 before that happens, so here it goes pictureless.)

Dear Jonah:
The other day you asked me if I wanted you to be three forever. I said not forever, but maybe a little longer. Three was really fun. You became a great friend, a hilarious joke teller, and a sweet brother. You told me, " Well, I have to be four." So true. I'm looking forward to it, but here are some great things that happened while you were three.

I love how every night we have to tell Bo-Bo stories.  "Daddy, where was the Bo-Bo in that story?" You are obsessed with hearing about other people's injuries. You are either my future doctor or a future sociopath.

I love going on long bike rides with you.

I love watching you learn to write your name

I love how every night you tell me, "I love you, Mommy. You're a sweet girl."

I love how you won't flush the downstairs toilet so you don't wake up you're sister, but you will stand at the top of the stairs and bellow for me with little regard for nap time.

I love when you, daddy, and Gracie play Jeep.

I love how you think the song, "Go on take your money and run" is about people running from some bad guys.

I love all the words you make up, like "huge-antous" (meaning really big) "han-itizer" (hand sanitizer) and "engine turtles".

I love how effortlessly you play with your baby sister on her level. You play chase, share cars, and let her jump on top of you.

I loved taking you to the amusement park for the first time. I still can't believe you rode on all those fast spinning rides!

I love how you run down the street to talk to the neighbors every time you see them: "Tiiiiiim!"

I love that I've watched more Nascar in the past 3 months than I ever have before in my life: "Mom, when I grow up I'm gonna be a racer. So I'm going to need to buy a race car."

I love that you are such a great friend to your friends Pax and Isobel. I love the innocence and fun of the sunshine room in general. 

I love how you try to pull Gracie back in the tub every night to keep playing when Daddy is trying to get her out. 

I love how every night brushing your teeth you say you're a T-Rex and you're going to eat me up!

I love that you are becoming so responsible and helpful. You can put on your clothes by yourself, get in the car, and help hold your sisters hand when we cross the street.

I love how you blame everything on your imaginary friend Annie.

I love that you could have a conversation with a wall (and have several times when no one else would listen to you).

I love that you've promised all sorts of self improvements, like not sucking your thumb, when you turn four

No comments:

Post a Comment