Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Life with TWO

Grace is almost 3 weeks old, and time is flying by. She is such a sweet girl, I think it is a reward for living with wild man Jonah for the past 3 years. She is pretty consolable, although she does get kind of fussy in the evening but if you hold her and rock her she is fine. It works for me, because I need some cuddles in the evening too. She was already past her birth weight at her 1 week checkup, and her jaundice is finally starting to go away. She will be awake and play a little in the morning and a little in the evening, but just sleeps the rest of the time right now. She is eating great and sleeping 3-4 hour stretches at night, which I think is pretty good! She will also pick up her head really high during tummy time.

Jonah is such a sweet big brother! Whenever Grace is crying he screams, "IT'S OKAY BABY GRACIE!!!!!" At the top of his lungs. He likes to tell me, "She wants me to hold her! She wants her paci! She wants to eat! She wants to watch me jump on one foot!" etc. etc. He is super sweet, but kind of a super helper so we have to watch him. He would really love to pick her up and stuff her paci in her mouth if I wasn't there to stop him. Jonah is in his last week at daycare and then he starts summer camp at his new Pre-K. It will be a tough transition because he has gone to the same daycare since he was 3 months old, but I know he is ready for a big kid environment with more kids his age and more age-appropriate activities. I think he's really going to like it.

So far we are managing 2 okay. We both know how to manage 1, so we both just do that. It gets tricky when one of us has both kids, but that hasn't happened too much yet since we have had so much help from family. It is challenging but we have survived so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment