Thursday, August 23, 2012

A Colorado getaway

This weekend we took a quick trip to Vail! Ted had to go for a conference and it happened to be on my days off so we all went! This is our third trip to Colorado in a year because we all looove it.

If you ask Jonah what we did he will tell you, "I go hiking, and I throw rock in the water! I ride the sky car up the mountain!" The little chatterbox pretty much sums it up in a few sentences. We played outside a lot, and spent a lot of time playing Jonah's favorite game: throw rocks in the creek. Ted got to go hiking with us one day, and we hiked to the top of a waterfall (about 4 miles round trip!) Ted carried Jonah in the hiking backpack for most of it, he is a trooper!

The next few days were just me and Jonah because Ted was working. But I am thankful to have someone to play with! We went biking one day and rode the gondola to hike along the top of the mountain one day. We just loved escaping the heat to spend some time in the cool mountain outdoors!

No comments:

Post a Comment