Sunday, July 1, 2012

Learning to Swim

This blog is supposed to be about our New Orleans adventures, but we have been visiting Pensacola so much this summer, I feel like it has become our Everywhere this Summer Adventures!

This weekend we went to see my best friend Pam in Pensacola. I was so excited to see her since we haven't seen each other in almost a year! We try to talk every week, and we usually see each other a few times a year, but we kept missing each other this year, so we made a special trip to make sure we got to see them this time. They were staying out at the beach, so we went out and got to spend the WHOLE DAY with them! We went to the beach together, went to the pool, and ate dinner. Jonah got to play with McKenzie, and she was such a good playmate to him. She is going to be such a good big sister. My parents were good sports and tagged along to the beach with us so they could spend some extra time with Jonah.


So everyone in my family are a bunch of little fish, so I wasn't too worried about Jonah learning to swim, but something just clicked with him this weekend. He was so fearless in the pool and had so much fun swimming! He loved jumping off the side and probably did it 5 million times. The first day, you should have seen Ted and me just grinning at each other. We were so proud of him, and he was so proud of himself! I really think he is going to get it by the end of the summer. He had so much fun, and he keeps telling me, "I'm a fishie! I go swim with Nina in the pool! I blow bubbles!"



Next week my baby turns 2! I can't believe he is so big, but at the same time he has been acting like a 2 year old for so long, we are VERY aware that he is a big boy now. He is telling everyone, "I gonna have a Mickey Mouse Party!" He has birthday parties on the brain and knows his is coming up, but we have some special surpirses in store for his party day!

No comments:

Post a Comment