Sunday, July 8, 2012

Jonah's Mickey Mouse Birthday

This weekend we celebrated Jonah's 2nd birthday with a Mickey Mouse Party! We did most everything ourselves, and it turned out to be a lot of work, but it was so fun. I didn't even mind doing it because I love Mickey Mouse, too, and I loved getting everything together for his party. He had a great time playing with his friends. I wish I had a picture of his little face when he came downstairs from his nap and saw everything set up. His eyes got so big, and he said, "Look! Balloons! Look!"

Here are the details from Jonah's Mickey Mouse Clubhouse party:

I ordered a package off Etsy for $5 and printed out the banner, signs, cupcake toppers, and food tabs. It was a lot of cutting and pasting, but I got to make it look just how I wanted it to.


We made Jonah's cupcakes and I got the cupcake stand from Party City. I knew the red frosting was going to drive the moms crazy, but it looked too perfect so I had to do it. I ordered the cake from Rouses and just got a Mickey Mouse cupcake topper and candles. Jonah loved it and it made it easier on me to order the cake. They didn't make it exactly how I wanted it, but it looked ok.



I don't know how people planned parties before Pinterest. I got this idea to stake balloons along the sidewalk with golf tees:

I put a sign outside that said, "Let's Mouskercise!" with some balls and Jonah's outside toys. I also put out this beanbag game for the grown up boys to play (since a lot of Jonah's "Big" friends came to celebrate with him, too) We had to Disney-fy the corn hole game by putting Mickey ears on the Dickinson Red Devils:


This was our favorite, and our labor of Love. I went to Sears and got a big refrigerator box to make a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse! We painted it, and painted the magic words, "Meeska Mooska Mickey Mouse!" above the door. I put some crayons to color on the walls and a couple little toys inside. The kids LOVED it. We will probably be keeping this around for a while.

One of Jonah's Mickey Mouse DVDs has an episode called, "Pluto's Bubble Bath" so I made a sign with that title and put it with a bunch of bubble stuff. Jonah LOVES bubbles, so he spent most of the beginning of his party playing with bubbles!


Here is the Party Table! We put pictures from our Disney World trip of Jonah meeting Mickey and Pluto (his two favorites) amongst the Mickey themed food:


I made Hot Diggity Dogs (pigs in a blanket) and Clubhouse Kabobs (fruit and marshmallow kabobs)


I also made finger sandwiches with my cute Mickey Mouse sandwich cutter that we got in Disney world, and I made these Mouseketeer rice krispy treats with the sandwich cutter, too. I thought these were so cute, and looked just liked little mouse hat ears


Here is the birthday boy blowing out his candles!


Opening presents with a two year old is so weird, am I right? You have no idea what they are going to do. Jonah, of course, was so excited to have some new toys, but he didn't quite get the opening presents concept. He just wanted to play with whatever toy he just opened and forget about the rest of them. Oh well, I got to open some presents so that was fun! ;) Really, I am ok with the fact that he isn't too in to presents and was just happy to play with his friends. That is the kind of kid I'm trying to raise, so it works for me.


And in closing, here are some pics of Jonah playing with his BFF.




Thanks to everyone who came to celebrate with us. We cannot believe it has been two years! We are so thankful to everyone who has supported us, brought us meals, shared meals with us, been a sounding board for our trials; and we are so thankful to everyone who has loved Jonah, played with him, taught him, and watched him grow. We are so lucky to have you all.


1 comment:

  1. We <3 Jonah! Great party and the birthday boy looked like he felt super special. :)

    ReplyDelete