Monday, February 13, 2012

Parades with the family

We had such a fun weekend. My mom came to town and we went to the parades by our house. We have a few that start close enough to our house that we were able to walk there. Jonah loves to watch the parades but he likes to dance and run around a little so he didn't stay in his ladder very long. He did let us hold him while the floats were going by and he held out his hands to get throws. He's getting the hang of it! And he definitely got a lot of stuff. He got about 5 balls (how did they know?)

By the end it was getting past nap time and he did sit in his ladder for a while after he got so tired!

That night mom watched J so we could go on a date!! Glorious!! It feels like we never get to spend alone time together or eat a meal without yelling at someone to sit down and stop throwing food. I love that kiddo but he really has the worst table manners ever. It's always great when my mom watches Jonah too because I know he loves playing with her.

We went to eat at Upperline Restaurant. I had never heard of it, and it was very yummy. We rarely go to the same place twice because there are always new places we want to try. Then we went to Corks n Canvas to do a painting! I had been once before, but this was the first time Ted and I got to do it together. It was a great night and a great reminder that Ted and I actually enjoy spending time together and we still have things to talk about besides Jonah. Although he is still one of our favorite topics ;)

Sunday we went to show Jonah all the dogs at Barkus (the dog parade). There were dogs everywhere and he was awed! He loves animals and especially dogs.

Here are my pictures from the weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment