Monday, August 1, 2011

Bye-bye, Baby


Growing up is tough. You have to give up your bottles, grow painful teeth, and generally do things that you now realize you don't want to do. Just ask Jonah, who is most definitely a toddler! In some ways I miss the snuggly little baby who slept through whatever errand we had to run and ate whatever I put in his mouth. But growing up is also fun, you get to turn around in the car seat, eat cupcakes, and go play outside by yourself! (sort of. you get to play outside on the back deck with the window open and mommy is in the kitchen and can see you.) Hopefully Jonah will soon realize that the pluss-es outweigh the negatives.

Jonah is still in the 15th percentile for height and weight. He is about 21 pounds, but I don't remember how tall he is-I think about 28 inches. Thus why I need to blog more, so I will remember these important things. He has 6 teeth and they are coming in all out of order. He has 3 on top, 2 on bottom, and 1 top molar. I check every day to see if the other top or bottom teeth will come in. He says a few words (in his own way), like light (la-la) and all done (ah-dah). He will say da-da, but still only says mama if he's whining for me to pick him up. Which is really special (no).

Jonah gets a bottle at night but otherwise is on a sippy cup. He is doing much better with his cup! I think the trick was spicy food and peanut butter :) He has to have vitamins now because he is on whole milk, so we put those in his night time bottle. We tried to give him a dropper full the first time, and we really thought he was going to throw up. It was one of the rare times Ted has put his foot down and said, We just CANNOT do this every night and have to come up with something else. So in the bottle it goes, and no one gags ;) If he would Hurry Up and get molars, he could have Flinstone vitamins!

Our big struggle right now is Seperation Anxiety, which he has NEVER had before. I haven't been to church service in 2 weeks because he is throwing such a tantrum. Which brings me to my other struggle, the temper tantrums. This is when I realized we really no longer have a baby on our hands! Right now we are doing our best to figure out how to deal with the 1 year old temper tantrum. Otherwise he is pretty good. Sleep? Check. Eating? Check. Behavior? Ummmm, we are at a loss. Oh well, I'm sure this struggle will pass, and we will be on to the next one!


No comments:

Post a Comment