Saturday, October 9, 2010

Big Changes

This week has been a week of big changes for the Cothran family. But we have survived! I went back to work last Friday, and Jonah started day care on Monday. Friday I went back to work, but Ted was off so he stayed home with Jonah for the day so I didn't have to worry about day care and going back to work in the same day. Friday was actually nice! I had a nice day at work, and Ted brought Jonah during my lunch break so I still got to see him. If only every day could be like that!

Monday Jonah had to go to his first day of daycare. And yes, I cried. Until about 9 am. Ted came with me and we dropped him off, and then I just ran out so I would actually do it. When I got to my car, I realized I had forgotten to give them his jacket. I should have just left, but it was actually getting cold and I didn't want the worst mom of the year award for not sending his jacket. So I went back in to put it in his cubby, and he was crying! Oh, my heart. I just had to run back out and then I didn't stop crying until after I got to work. I called like 3 times, and he was fine after that. But I just kept seeing him fussing and I was leaving him! GAH!

He has done fine every day after that. Me, on the other hand...I'm fine when I'm busy, but if I don't have patients then I start worrying about him and missing him. I won't say it has gotten easier, but I at least stopped crying. Work is going well, though! I missed my kiddos, and I'm happy to be back and see them.

Jonah had his 3 month checkup this week, too. He weighs 13 lb 7.5 oz, and is 23 inches long. That's the 10th percentile, people! He is growing! Maybe he will not always be a midget! He also got shots, and these were a little bit rough on him. Ted said he did cry for a little bit. That was Thursday, and then Friday he was okay. But Saturday morning he woke up with a low fever :( He would just cry and cry unless I was holding him. Then he would snuggle and go to sleep. I put him in bed with me and he finally went back to sleep if he was snuggled on me. Poor baby, he felt so bad. I was also not feeling great because I had my flu shot, and it always makes me sick. Does that happen to other people? I didn't see it as a side effect of the flu shot. Anyway, I called the pediatrician, and she said his fever was most likely just from the shot and I could give him some tylenol. He is feeling better now, but not quite his super happy self. I am surprised I didnt freak out more about his fever. I guess I just knew it was probably from the shot and it wasn't that high. It is super sad though.

It has been a rough week, but we are surviving so far. Hopefully Jonah will be back to normal tomorrow so we can play before another week of work begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment