Monday, September 27, 2010

Life lately

Ted misplaced his camera cable so we haven't been able to load pictures on the computer lately. So this will be a pictureless post until he finds it.

I have 4 more days until I go back to work so we have been living it up over here! I'm excited to get back to normal life and see my kids and co-workers, but I'm going to miss Jonah:( On Friday he is staying home with Ted, and then next Monday he starts daycare! The place he is going seems really nice, and they have 2 teachers and about 6-7 kids in his class, so I think he'll still get a lot of attention, but hopefully also learn some independence too. I'm sad, because I want him to need me! But I know he needs to become more independent too and that it will be good for him.

Last week we went to the Manning Experience at the Superdome with some friends from church. Jonah thought we were outside with all the bright lights, he was just looking around at everyone. I mostly just took pictures of everyone else because I was holding the kiddo, but I did get a little break and got to kick a field goal! Which I totally missed by the way, but that's okay because if I could make it I would be really mad about how much money pro athletes make.

Then last weekend we took a trip to Pensacola. Beth and Pam were both there so we got to see both of them! It was so great! I miss those girls, so I'm glad we got to hang out some. I barely got to see Kenzie, but I got to spend some time with Yvie who is getting so cute. It made me excited for when Jonah starts talking. Except not because that would mean he would have to grow up! Noo! But he will be so cute though! Ack, I am so conflicted in my life!

Jonah went to the beach for the first time. He was so happy sitting on a towel in the sand! He was grinning and laughing the whole time. We stuck his feet in the water a little bit, and he wasn't too sure about that. He liked it more under the umbrella where it wasn't so bright.

Thankfully Jonah is finally starting to sleep well! He has slept through the night the past 2 nights, and I have to give Ted credit for this. He had the idea that we stop putting him to sleep swaddled because he sleeps fine, but when he comes unswaddled he wakes up. Ted thought maybe if he got used to sleeping unswaddled then he would sleep through the night better. I agreed to try it, but was preparing myself for a tough couple of nights at first. So wrong! Jonah rolled over to his side and didn't stir all night long! I think he just liked getting to sleep on his side instead of on his back. Oh my gosh, that first night that I didn't wake up once...I can't even explain the joy. I can't remember the last time I slept that long without interruption. Hopefully he will keep it up after I go back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment