Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Jonah's baptism! And related celebrations

We had such a fun Labor Day weekend! Both of our families came to town to attend Jonah's baptism, which was such a special occasion! We had a great time hanging out together.

On Friday night Heather, Jeff, and Benjamin got here. They got here late but we stayed up late to hang out since it was the only night that was just us kids:) I couldn't even sleep Friday night because I was so excited that they were already here and everyone else was on their way the next day. Thank goodness Jonah slept well so I did get a little rest.

On Saturday Ted's parents and my parents came over. We decided to take Ben to the amusement park in City Park to let him get some energy out. He had so much fun, and we had fun watching him. Ted took him on all the rides while Heather and I hung out with Jonah and carried the baggage.

The first ride he went on was the roller coaster. I was so afraid for him because he had never been on a roller coaster before! The first lap around he looked okay, but the second lap around he had a terrified look on his face. When he got off, we asked him in a really upbeat way didn't he love it? Wasn't it fun? He said, "Yeah, but I did cry a little bit" Oh my gosh, Heather and I were dying laughing at him because we are mean. He survived though, and then rode on some more little kid rides and loved it.







Ted and Jeff made us a gourmet dinner that night. They went to the seafood market and got fresh shrimp and made fried shrimp poboys and red beans and rice. Oh yum...

Sunday was a big big day because Jonah got baptized! It was so special. I was so excited to get up there and begin his Christian life. I was all smiles when the whole congregation committed to helping raise him in the church and teach him about Jesus. Those people are so great and we are so lucky to have them in Jonah's life. It was super special to have Ray baptize him because he is so special to us. It was so sweet to have both of our families there to see it and share such a special day with us. And I did cry a little bit ;) But not much because I was so nervous because I am silly.







Oh and this one is Michael and Veronica holding Jonah in church. They were so cute so Ted's mom snapped a quick picture!


After church we went to brunch to celebrate. We went to Palace Cafe-again oh yum! We always want to take our families to eat in New Orleans because we have so many places that we like to go eat in this city! But it seems we never make it, so it was great to be able to go with everyone and have a New Orleans brunch. I loved that everyone got something different and interesting. The menu was really unique but everything is always good! Here are pictures of the WHOLE family at lunch!





Sunday we played games at home and then my family left, except mom who just cannot be torn away from her grandson;) We also let Ben hold "baby Jonah"! He was so cute. Jonah would be sleeping in his crib and Ben would just randomly announce "I'm going to check on Baby Jonah." Haha. We finally let him hold Jonah and he was so sweet. He was calling everyone to come look at him. I asked him if he wanted to keep holding him or if he wanted me to take him, and he kept saying "I want to hold him." He sat there for about 10 minutes just holding Jonah, which was probably the longest he sat still the whole weekend when he wasn't sleeping.



Then Monday everyone had to go home and we were sad, but happy that we had such a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment