Wednesday, September 8, 2010

2 month checkup

Today Jonah went for his 2 month checkup. I persuaded Ted to come with us because I was worried about the shot, but for no reason so far. Jonah couldn't care less about it, he whimpered a little bit and then got over it. I guess I forgot how tough he is! Taking a bath is way worse than a shot in his book. So far he doesn't have a fever or anything, so I hope that keeps up.

He weighs 11 lb 8 oz and was 21.5 inches long. His weight is fine, he is in the 50 percentile. However, he is such a shorty! He is only in the 5 percentile, and it is breaking my heart. This child breaks my heart every day, he owes me big time when he gets older. The doctor said don't worry about it because he is meeting all his milestones and gaining weight, but clearly this woman does not know me very well. She wanted to know if anyone in our families was small at first and then shot up, but we didn't really know. I know she wouldn't be worried if we were short, but since we're both fairly tall it's strange that he is so short. She said maybe we didn't get a good measurement, but I went home and measured him and got the same thing. I know it is only the difference of an inch, but it still makes me worry about his growth. He also has an umbilical hernia that I shouldn't write about because I try to pretend it isn't there. It makes me worry too, it looks so bad. But she looked at it and said it's fine and will go away on its own most likely. I'm trying to hold on to the good things, like that he hasn't been sick, and he is gaining weight and meeting his milestones. But it's hard not to worry about even the little things! Maybe he was such a skinny when he was born that he had to pork up, and now he can worry about growing tall.

No comments:

Post a Comment