Sunday, August 15, 2010

Jonah's 5th week

So this week has been full of ups and downs! Jonah has started smiling, which still makes me tear up every time I see it. It's not very often, but every now and then he does it, mostly just to me and Ted. However, he has also been going through a fussy phase. I am used to hearing babies cry and it doesn't really bother me, but man it does something to you inside to hear your own child cry! Yesterday he would not be comforted for anything, it was so hard! Then this morning he had 2 massive poopy diapers and has been much happier since:) I think part of it is that he's just coming out of being a sleepy newborn and is having more active periods in the day, so naturally some of them are fussier periods. That is bittersweet because I will miss the newborn baby, but I'm excited to see him develop. He is definitely looking at me and Ted much more now. If someone else is holding him and I say something he will look around the room to find me, it's so sweet.

I went out with some of the girls from work for the first time yesterday! Ted stayed home with Jonah so I could go, and it was so nice to get out. He is awesome for doing that so I could go. I felt kind of guilty for leaving, but I really needed some time away for myself. We had such a fun time at dinner and I was excited to see my co-workers and hear how my kids are doing.

Jonah still has some baby acne and its still making me sad. Sometimes I think it's getting better, and sometimes I'm convinced he must be allergic to something that I'm eating. I just hope it goes away by his baptism, which is so vain.

Here is my little man looking at himself in the mirror!


Mom and Rachel came to visit for a couple of days. We had a little birthday party dinner for mom and we went out to eat at Margaritaville. Jonah did great!



We decided to put him in his Bumbo chair to see if he could sit up in it yet. He still doesn't have that good of head control, but he did okay for a little bit.



But he soon thought we were crazy for trying it:


And one last picture of my new favorite thing in the world:

No comments:

Post a Comment