Sunday, August 15, 2010

Going to the museum

Today we decided that Jonah and mommy would benefit from a change of scenery and getting out of the house. It is SO HOT, so we decided to go to the New Orleans Museum of Art. First we thought we would go to the Children's Museum, but then decided that we would spend a lot of time there in future years, and right now Jonah would probably enjoy any museum equally. At first we were a little worried, because it was VERY quiet in there. But Jonah did well on his first outing. There was a Native American exhibit and Jonah enjoyed looking at all the rugs hanging on the wall. They were red, black, and white stripes, so he kept looking at them. I tried to tell him about the Pueblo Indians, but he fell asleep pretty early on in my lecture:) Here are some pictures of our trip.

Getting ready to go into the museum. No we did not drive like this, we were just getting ready in the air conditioning and I loved this face.



Apparently French art is boring.


The whole family outside the museum.

2 comments:

  1. Cute! You've already taken Jonah to a museum and I've never taken Kenz to one. I must correct that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited to meet Jonah in just a couple of weeks! I am so proud of both of you. You are doing a great job! Isn't being a parent wonderful (and terrifying) ?! :-)

    ReplyDelete